howdy, pals! Welcome again to Week in overview, the publication the place we in a quick time sum up in all probability the most be taught TechCrunch tales from the previous week.
want it in your inbox every Saturday morning? Get it right here.
most be taught
- GTA 6 footage leaks: Roughly ninety clips of the subsequent Grand Theft Auto sport leaked out this week, with the uploader claiming to have hacked Rockstar video games’ inner Slack. Rockstar confirmed the “community intrusion,” including that they are “terribly disenchanted” to see issues leaked this vogue however that enchancment will “proceed as deliberate.”
- Wipro fires 300 staff for moonlighting: India’s IT large Wipro “has fired 300 staff in latest months who had been found to be moonlighting for opponents,” writes Manish, with Wipro chairman Rishad Premji calling moonlighting an “act of integrity violation.”
- Revolut hacked: Banking/monetary companies startup Revolut confirmed this week that hackers had been in a place to breach particulars for a “small proportion” of its prospects. the agency declined to get particular about precisely what quantity of buyers that works out to, however a breach disclosure filed with authorities inside the agency’s dwelling nation of Lithuania suggests it’s round 50,000.
- Brelyon’s wild monitor: want one factor extra immersive than a regular monitor however don’t want a VR headset strapped to your face? Brelyon is making an try to reimagine the current, they typically’ve raised $15 million from a reasonably spectacular roster of retailers to get it achieved.
- Kia and Hyundai sued over design flaw: Earlier this 12 months, a TikTok went viral that publicized a not-very-difficult possibility to steal sure fashions of Kia and Hyundai autos. Now a class movement lawsuit has been filed in opposition to the automakers, with the grievance claiming the vehicles had been “deliberately” constructed with out “engine immobilizers,” which Rebecca describes as an “low price and pretty frequent system” meant to cease this problem.
- Google’s new Chromecast: Two years in the past, Google launched a 4K mannequin of the Chromecast — the predominant Chromecast to get back with a devoted distant, considerably than requiring a smartphone for every thing. They’re now bringing the identical design plus a distant to the extra reasonably priced HD (1080p) mannequin. The HD mannequin will value $30, whereas the 4K mannequin will value $50.
- fb prospects sue Meta over iOS monitoring: “The grievance,” writes Taylor, “alleges that Meta evaded Apple’s new restrictions by monitoring prospects by way of fb’s in-app browser, which opens hyperlinks all by way of the app.”
you want podcasts? We’ve acquired podcasts! Good ones. good ones. Award-worthwhile ones, even! This week:
- The equity crew requested, “What does breaking into enterprise capital appear to be as we communicate, and the methodology is it altering?”
- My pals on found talked to the co-founders of Change about how/why they constructed a crypto-centric API for charitable giving.
- The Chain response crew talked about — what else? — the latest massive adjustments to the best methodology Ethereum works, and the maybe-engaging impression “the merge” had inside the market.
Most stuff on TechCrunch is free. So what’s behind the TechCrunch+ paywall? right here’s what TC+ members had been studying most: